1. Racism has been part of human history since time immemorial. It stems out of a tendency to create racial stereotypes on the basis of race, color, nationality, religion and other factors. Why is it important to be on this list? Because in a national way where we live all people should have equal rights such as a equality and the rights of any other American.
2. Body image is a persons feelings of the aesthetics or sexual attractiveness of their own body, which may be forced onto them by others or social media. Why is it important to be on this list? Because body image is real life. It can be so bad on the human body. People with negative body image tend to feel that their size or shape is a sign of personal failure, and that it is a very important indicator of worth. Poor body image has been linked to diminished mental performance low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, sexual dysfunction, dieting and eating disorders.
3. Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by the removal or forcing out from the womb of a fetus or embryo before it is able to survive on its own. I as a woman, totally disagree about killing a innocent human being. Why is it important to be on this list? Abortion is an important element of women’s rights because women are more affected by the abortion debate than men, both individually and as a gender. We as women have the right to be against it.
4. Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world view that relate humanity to an order of existence. Why is it important to be on this list? Religion is important to society because it helps regulate behavior. Religion teaches people specific rules, laws, and morals to follow.
5. Rape-Every 107 seconds, another American is being sexually assaulted. What is rape? It is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration perpetrated against a person without that person’s consent. Why is it important to be on this list? Because everyday a person is being stuck in a position where they feel locked into depression which they have been used and taken advantage of in any way possible. It messes with their minds and causes them to lose control of their emotions causing them to need counseling for a life time, and also causes problems with present or future relationships.
6. Death Penalty,capital punishment, or execution is a punishment by death. The sentence that someone be punished in this manner is a death sentence. Crimes that can result in a death penalty are known as capital crimes or capital offenses. Why is it important to be on this list? Because it should be totally legal for the fact that we have child murders, torture and sadism murders, and the drawn out killing of helpless people for the fun of it. We don’t need these kind of people in the world.
7. Suicide [ to kill oneself] is the act of intentionally causing one’s own death. Why is it important to be on this list? Because people choose to end their life for reasons like being bullied, abuse, or family related situations that they couldn’t stand to be in. And we, as human beings have the choice to change their way of thinking things, or change the way people make others feel. If you know someone with this problem, get help when needed! No one wants to lose a loved one for the wrong reasons. They have National Suicide Prevention Lifelines.
8. Crimes/ Drug Violence- The relationship between drugs and violence seems apparent, drug abuse leads to violence. Drugs lead to violence and violence leads to crime. Individuals who are under the influence of alcohol or other drugs can be involved in the perpetration of violence because of the dis inhibiting nature of the drugs. Why is it important to be on this list? Because it destroys your life, relationships and destroys families.
9. Abuse- There are many types of abuse and they are all different to experience. Abuse can come in many forms, such as: physical or verbal maltreatment, injury, assault, violation, rape, unjust practices, crimes, or other types of aggression. Why is it important to be on this list? Because abuse, emotionally or physically it is all dramatizing to experience. It messes with our heads and makes us think it is alright and that’s how we should be treated. It is very horrible and unhealthy on the human body.
10. Truths About Money- A. You need less than you think B. Money won’t make you happy C. Money is not the greatest goal of your work D. Wealth has its own troubles E. The desire for riches robs us for life F. Boundaries are life giving G. There is joy in giving money away H. The security found in money/possessions is fleeting at best I. Money, at its core, is only a tool.
A through I [ A – I] explanations: Most of the things we think we can’t live without are considered luxuries to most of the world. It is simply on illusion that money will bring you happiness. Some of the most joyful people I know are far from wealthy and some of the wealthiest people I know are far from wealthy. Financial compensation does not succeed as a long-term motivator and the association between salary and job satisfaction is routinely shown to be very weak. There are troubles associated with poverty, few of us would debate that fact. Money also brings trouble of its own: it clouds moral judgement, it distorts empathy, it promotes pride and arrogance, it can be an addiction. We have heard the love of money is the root of all evil. But often times, the mere desire for more of it robs us of life as well. The desire for money consumes our time, wastes our energy, compromises our values, and limits our potential. Orson Welles once said, “The enemy of art is the absence of limitations. “I agree. And the enemy of life is the absence of boundaries. Whether they be social, financial, or moral, boundaries provide structure and a framework for life. Generosity has wonderful benefits. Generous people are happier, healthier, more admired, more satisfied with life, and have deeper relationships with others. Too many of us believe security can be adequately found in possessions. At its heart, money is nothing more than a tool to expedite trade. It saves us from making own clothes, tools, and furniture. Why is it important to be on this list? Because without money you can’t buy a house, car, gas, grocery’s or even clothes on your back. It gives you freedom and choices but it can’t make you happy nor buy love. www.becomingminimalist.com/rethink-money-and-breathe